Saturday, April 22, 2017

Vegas Baby

Thanks to my amazing husband I was able to sneak away for a couple days to Vegas! I headed off early Friday morning and was met by traffic and disaster at the airport. West Jet couldn't find my ticket and time til take off was getting closer. Borderline in tears I called Expedia and they could see my ticket so I handed the phone to a West Jet worker and it was discovered that I had booked the ticket in Tim's name. They were able to change the ticket to my name and I sprinted to security. Sadly I got picked for randomly for extra security. To say I was stressed was an understatement. Some nice people let me cut in front of them. Once through security and customs I sprinted to my gate and heard last call for boarding. I was so insanely close to missing my flight! Never have I been so relieved to get in my seat!
Once I landed I met up with Danielle and shortly after Tannis and Erin arrived. We dropped our bags off at the hotel and hit the strip.
On our previous trip to Vegas we got hooked on the Gold Fish game. We could see it in one of the hotels from the street. Erin got so excited that when she ran in she waxed out on the stairs. 

We managed to make our dreams come true and got tickets to Britney Spears for that night. She ruled. I fan girled and it was awesome. 





After we people watched until and then met up with my Mom and Aunt Kim at Egg Slut. The trip was focussed around food, sleep and fun. 
I am pretty lucky that these crazies are my sisters! 




We were there over Chinese New Year. Everything was decorated as the year of the rooster. 

The weather wasn't perfect but Miss Alaska was thrilled with any sunshine. It mostly rained with periods of sunshine. 
 Due to pregnancy I was excessively nauseated. I figured gluten wouldn't make it any worse so I enjoyed a bunch of Krispy Kreme doughnuts followed up by a delicious buffet and pretzel bites. I think I need to get my "gluten glow" on more regularly. It didn't take the nausea away but it definitely wasn't any worse.

 Thanks to Kim we were able to hit up the outlet malls. 



We rode the High Roller Ferris Wheel. Vegas is quite pretty when all lit up at night. We had a car all to ourselves. We rocked out and took lots of photos. 

 Vegas.... Baby! We are quite "punny"!






Because we stayed just off the strip we took Lyft (like a taxi but driven by people using their own vehicles) everywhere. By downloading the app they gave you free credits and so in total we spent less than $10 on our transportation. We went with all different types of people and in all different kinds of cars. We felt a little sketchy and like we might die at first but it was awesome and added to our overall Vegas experience. 



The end eventually came and although it was so much fun I was ready to go home to my husband and baby. It was the perfect getaway and so much fun. I really do have the greatest family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment