Saturday, April 22, 2017

Flashes of February

Jack loves to help cook. We spend a lot of time in the kitchen and he is such a good helper. He is a pretty good listener and stays back from things that are "hot hot". He loves to stir and dump. He is also a good chair pusher and will start making smoothies. 
Tim cooked up a leg of venison on the BBQ. It cooked up pretty good and made awesome meat for stew. 
 
We continue to put the Instant pot through the paces. I made lava cake. 
We held our annual Super Bowl party. We ate tonnes of food and had fun visiting. Many friends left at half time which worked out as the last half of the game was intense. 
 Naturally Jack refused a nap and he passed out which made bed time easy and I hardly missed any of the game. Jack loves sports. He pretends to hut the ball at the same time the people on the TV and then runs around and says go go go! Pretty cute in my opinion!
Snap Chat!
 I tried to be a good mom and gave him a water bucket. Naturally he dumped it out but at least my floor got mopped!
 This little boy was so proud of himself because he put his boots on all by himself! Time can slow down now! How is he so big!
Jack learned how to open the front door. I felt a draft and realized my kid had put his boots on and taken off down the street! He is so busy and determined! I hardly know how I am going to keep up. 

 February was pretty cold but had a few warm days. We hadn't really pushed boy or girl toys on Jack. We mostly just had baby toys scattered around. Last summer I had put some water guns in a water bin. During a brief warm snap Jack went outside and found these long forgotten water guns. He came inside, looked at me and says, "Pew! Pew!" Boys really will be boys!

 I refuse to potty train Jack until he basically refuses to wear a diaper. On occasion I do let him sit on the toilet for fun. Nothing has ever happened but he thinks it is hilarious. 
He played in the mud and got his boot got stuck in the mud. He was freaking out and I was dying laughing. 
Jack took a power nap in the car and then refused to continue sleeping once at home. Turns out that was a bad idea as he fell asleep sitting up while eating pizza. 
These two warm my heart. They are besties and have "guys nights" when I work nights. That typically includes ice cream and slightly later nights. 



No comments:

Post a Comment