Saturday, April 1, 2017

Nonsense in November

Life continues on. Not really sure where the month went to but looking back at pictures reminds me that it really was a good month. Halloween candy and treats in general were becoming a problem for everyone. I hid some treats in the oven and forgot about them. A day later I turned on the oven and while it was heating I could swear something was burning but just chalked it up to something on the burner. When I went to put the casserole in the oven I realized my mistake. Good news is that things were only a little melty and the box they were in didn't catch fire!
The weather did finally cool off but that didn't slow us down much! Jack is finally learning to keep his mitts and toque on! Hopefully this means the winter will be fully enjoyed! 
Post hunting I made a delicious venison stew. Jack was pretty jazzed about dinner. 
November was marked with sickness for Tim. Hopefully December comes with all of us healthy. Due to sickness, Jack and I attended church by ourselves. It went better than excepted. I sometimes wonder if it is all worth it. It was a nice reminder that it is worth it as Jack is always watching and constantly learning. After we sat down Jack pulled out a hymn book for me and one for him. As the music started he sang along and my heart melted a little. 

We celebrated American Thanksgiving. Two Thanksgivings is one of the best parts of being married to an American. The food was so delicious. 
I am a fairly avid Harry Potter fan. Fantastic Beasts and where to Find them came out and Tim and I were able to sneak away for a date night. We drank copious amounts of pop and didn't have to do bedtime! That is a night well spent in my books. 
Jack continues to be as spunky as ever. After many "fruitless" attempts we have success and Jack eats bananas. This came after grocery shopping and Jack decided he had to eat a banana right then. After multiple attempts to keep the banana away from him I arrived to the till with a mangled banana. The cashier thanked me for my honesty. 
On a different morning Tim and I were too tired to parent. Jack went downstairs and eventually came back upstairs with a spoon and cereal. This kid pushes a chair and climbs to where ever he needs to be. He is far to independent. 
Went for a quick bike ride to get slurpees. Wrigley needed an outing so I took my bike and carried the slurpees back in a make shift basket. I am a pretty classy individual. 



 Jack likes to lay out his blanket for a picnic. This has happened since the Summer days where we ate outside.
 Morning trip to Walmart called for a quick stop for ice cream.
Watching for choo choo trains all day every day!

  Jack absolutely loves his NaiNai!

We started getting ready for Christmas on the last day of November. I am really excited about this year as I think Jack will be just old enough to start getting what is going on. Our Christmas tree is already struggling. Jack likes to take the ornaments off faster than we can put them on. The bulbs are his favourite as the are exactly like balls. Good thing we picked them up from the Dollar Store and we will live through it if they break!



No comments:

Post a Comment