Wednesday, December 16, 2015

10 months

Jack is busier than ever and so much fun. He loves to explore new places and scales the stairs on the regular. He wakes up once in the night to eat and I am hoping during the next month I can cut that out! He loves to read touch and feel books. He takes my finger and has me feel each page. It melts my heart. He finally got two bottom teeth!! I have thought he has been teething since day 1 so it is nice for it to have finally been real this time.

This little monster is my absolute favourite!
 Got him to crawl to my by having him chase after a tape measure. 

 Jack is large and in charge so he makes the perfect work out buddy. 
 One day I lost Jack but could still hear him. I looked in the pantry, all around the island and table but he was still no where to be found. After being thoroughly confused I found him hidden by the fridge. 
 Changing Jack's diaper is a serious challenge these days. He is so fast and escapes on the regular. But how cute is that little bum with only one sock on!

 Church is also an exhausting experience. I brought a banana for a lesson but Jack found it in my bag and decided to eat it. Haha it is the only time he has ever eaten a banana. 
 Jack loves pushing the exercise ball around. He basically bounced off of it, fell down, laughed and then did it over and over again. 

 Grocery shopping is like a race because the longer you take the more out of control and judging looks you get! He starts out happily eating snacks in the cart. So cute.
 Then we move onto wanting to escape but settling for a lounging ride in the cart. 
 Then he will briefly walk behind the cart. 
 And lastly he just escapes and starts crawling! Yes, my child is crawling on the floor at Superstore and no don't care! I just love his spunk and we are building the immune system. 
 He is learning how to open and close drawers and cabinets. It keeps him entertained while in the kitchen or bathroom but just makes for an even bigger mess! 
I can hardly handle how big my baby is. Jack continues to love cheese and meat. He has started to like frozen yogurt tubes and eats the occasional vegetable mixed in with supper. Jack refuses to drink any form of milk from bottle, sippy cup or regular cup. I have tried it cold, warm, breast milk, cow's milk, chocolate milk. You name it and I have tried. He will take a few sips and then just spit it out and let it dribble down his chin. Super frustrating. I am trying to not let how much he should be drinking or eating bother me. It is one of the things I struggle with. It is hard not to judge what I am doing by what friends kids are doing on Facebook or what the parenting book tells me to do but based on Jack's size and cheery disposition I remind myself that Jack and I are both doing great. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Elise! I LOVE this! He's adorable! :) Oh the grocery shopping. I know that struggle! It's like a mini vacation to go by yourself! :P Kids are the best/craziest. That picture of you squishing his face is awesome.

    ReplyDelete