Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Kitchen Table

I have been wanting a beautiful kitchen table for a long time. All the places we have lived are ghetto and small so I never bothered investing in one. Once we bought our house I was excited to upgrade a few things and a new kitchen table was at the top of my list. As we shopped for couches I was always on the prowl for a table. They were all very expensive and pretty ordinary. My lovely friend, Miko Collette, took me to the Inter-Faith furniture Store. It is super sketchy and straight up awesome! I was able to find a table and 4 chairs for $75! I feel like I got a pretty awesome deal.
Here is the table and chairs before starting. 

 I spent waaaaaaaay to many nap times out in the garage working on this! I love it but holy smokes that took a long time. The tedious part was sanding the legs of the table. Getting in all those crevices was painstaking work! Tim was kind enough to sand one leg and did keep me company while in the evening while I was out there.
 All finished staining the table and just had to varnish it!
 I really do love how my chairs turned out. I used plaster paint from Real Deals on Home Decor. Aunt Lisa owns the store so it was fun to go down and check things out. I do love the paint because I pretty much did zero prep work! The chairs were definitely the easiest part of this whole ordeal. Erin refers to them as bariatric chairs but I like to think that they are just spacious and comfortable.


Seriously though, I am pretty pumped with how this turned out. So much time spent I figured that my table deserved its own blog post. If you don't find it perfect just lie to me. And Jack, please just don't draw on it or gouge it! I might literally cry if it gets damaged! Good news is I still have stain left so I could just fix the top which wouldn't be the end of the world. I had fun but I definitely need a break before I do this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment