Monday, August 24, 2015

Summer Shenanigans

Drum roll please... after 8 months of being a bank teller, lots of stress and tears, hard work and a little bit of luck Tim was able to move up through the TD bank and is now a financial advisor in Olds! This was a huge jump and Tim is on a steep learning curve but he is loving it. He explored lots of different avenues (police officer) and oddly enough TD panned out. This isn't where we thought we would be, especially with a masters in strategic studies, but it is a good place and we are really excited about the next phase of life. We are starting to house shop! Stressful but soooooooo exciting! 
In honour of Tim's new job Jack and I took a trip out to Old's to visit Tim in his new office. We packed a little lunch and were lucky enough to enjoy the Summer "Old"stice. 
 There were lots of little street vendors and live music. Jack and I ate lunch with Tim and then just hung out and enjoyed the festivities.

The AC broke in our car so I had to take it to the mechanic to get fixed. I new that I would have no way to get home and would have to wait all day for Tim to pick me up. Instead of waiting I decided to take the bus. It was gorgeous day and way easier than I thought it would be. Jack enjoyed all the people and Wrigley was pretty stressed out. He hid under my legs while the bus was moving. The next day I attempted to take the bus back but unfortunately I got turned around and ran out of time and had to go out the next day. 
 Eventually we did make it back and were able to pick up our car! Needless to say we were pretty happy! Kudos go out to all the moms that do use public transit. Doable but definitely not as convenient as my car!
This summer has been sooooooo hot! I love the heat and really am not complaining. Usually it cools off in the evening but not this summer. To find relief I would just sit in with my feet in the tub eating snacks and watched Grey's Anatomy. (I am so addicted to that show!) 
We also had to impulse buy an air conditioner because me, Jack and Tim were all not sleeping! The white noise from the AC prevented me from hearing every little peep Jack made which let both of us start sleeping the night! It was magical. Best money I have ever spent. 
My mother came up to visit and had a slightly ghetto garage sale. It was actually pretty fun and Jack loved hanging out outside. She had some copper pots that really drew everyone in. 
Tim is really winning at parenting. He introduced Jack to T.V. It is crazy how entranced Jack was with it. 
And then Tim got a little side tracked by his phone... good thing Jack was strapped in!
We did an impromptu little hike with the Ngai's around Forget Me Not Pond. The sunshine was beautiful and it was nice to get out of the city. 
 We ventured off the path and hung out by the river. The water was freezing but Jack and Wrigley still loved it!

After a little hike we decided to go out to eat. Jack's new talent of sitting is super nice. He looks so grown up in the high chair!
Tim also fed him a little sour cream and potatoes. Jack wasn't too sure. 
Happy Happy Canada Day!!! While Tim was golfing Miko Collette and I went downtown to enjoy the festivities. We ate at the food trucks and wandered around people watching. Of course we had to take a picture when we found a TD stand. We thought it was pretty funny to turn Jack into a little "TD bandit". 
 And of course what is a sunny day with out a walk to the park! I sure love Canada and never want to leave this beautiful country. I feel so blessed by the freedoms that I enjoy every day. I am blessed with health care, a high standard of living and surrounded by the best kind of people in the world.













No comments:

Post a Comment