Tuesday, March 31, 2015

One Month

I am shocked by how fast the first month flew by! I know everyone says that but seriously! Jack, how are you already one month?!?! At one month we are starting to get things figured out. I wouldn't say we are on a schedule but you are sleeping for 2-4 hours at a time at night, eat quick and then go back to sleep for another 2-4 hours. It feels so great to get a little sleep. You are the best snuggler. I am not one to sit on the couch but I just love having you here and am enjoying soaking it all in.
My favourite part of this new life is Tim. He is an amazing father and loves me and Jack so much. He is always taking you for snuggles and and making sure I get a nap. Because Tim is a morning person he will also take Jack for a good period in the morning so I can have a little extra rest. Yay for morning people! He has also been doing the laundry and dishes! It is so nice to be taken care of.
After a month I am starting to feel so much better! It feels so good to get out and walk and I love not having a belly.
At exactly one month we took another trip. This time we headed the other direction to Edmonton. Jack got to meet his cousins and Tannis's mother-in-law took newborn photos for us! Thank you Judy White! They are amazing! Jack slept like a rock while we did the photos and so we were able to pose him for some really cute shots.


 I love those hands! Those long fingers definitely came from me!









 We went to another basketball game. The strange ref was very concerned that you were going to get hit by a ball... you managed to safely live through it on the side line. It is always fun to watch Erin and Tannis play. Maybe we should move to Edmonton so I can join the team!
 Scarlett wasn't too sure about Jack. She just liked to look but definitely not touch! Right before we left she did wan't to put him in her dolly stroller... that seemed a little sketchy. Instead of Jack we had her push Quinn around in it.
 Quinn LOVES Jack. She came down early in the morning to find out if Jack was awake. Unfortunately for her Jack sleeps a lot and so she had to be patient. She just kept coming but until he finally woke up! Quinn is very good at giving Jack his soother and thinks it is hilarious that you can see into the middle of it.


Cousins!! 
Quinn told me that Mason and Cohen are her cousins and Jack is Scarlett's cousin. She sure does love those Scow boys! I can hardly wait until they get to meet Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment