Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Escape of little Wrigley

We have had endless issues with the company, Drummer Realty, that we rent from. Before I left for Idaho we were contacted by them so that they could inspect the place. We took Wrigley to the Wright's house so there wouldn't be any issues. Drummer never showed up and didn't return our phone calls so we just let it go. While I was in Idaho they contacted Tim again and said that they were going to come again to have a look at the place. Tim let them know that it was fine but that he would not have time to take the dog out of the house and he would just be locked in our bedroom. He told them that the dog is friendly but just don't let him out! The lady from Drummer was actually showing the place and felt that had to include our bedroom so of course she opened the door and for some strange reason left the door into our suite open and the door to outside open so Wrigley was able to escape. She panicked and chased Wrigley down the road. She was unable to catch him so she went to Tim's work and told him what had happened. Tim went searching for 3 hours on his bike with no luck. During this time he did call me in a panic to find out if I had heard anything. I hadn't but told him I would deal with Drummer because they were just brushing this off and acting like it wasn't a big deal. I called and spoke to the manager. She said she was very sorry but there was nothing she could do and she wasn't sending the entire office out to look for the dog. I told her that this was my baby and if he wasn't found I would be calling the police. I might have slightly over reacted... I told her I had nothing nice to say about drummer and I was disgusted with the entire organization. I told her how disorganized the information we were being given was and that were wanting to move upstairs but the fact that we would have less than 12 hours to accomplish this was unreasonable and I was 7 months pregnant. I also told her about the mould and the fact that it was never actually fixed. She felt bad and said she was writing everything down that I was saying. The saving grace was that because Erin had managed apartments she was able to help me and told me to tell this manager lady that I was going to go to the tenant board. Well when I brought this up it really lit a fire under her!! Haha, after mentioning this I pretty much got anything I wanted. It pays to know your rights! Things were sorted and we were given extra time to move upstairs. They also stopped showing our place until we had completely moved out and we would no longer be dealing with the lady who lost Wrigley. The good news is that this does have a happy ending. Tim was never able to find the dog but multiple people had said they had seen him. He even had a group of high school students looking for him. After 3 hours he gave up and came home to find Wrigley sitting on the back step!!! Seriously! As a reward Tim went out and got him a McDouble from McDonald's with no onions or pickles. That dog is seriously spoiled by Tim. 

 But seriously, you just have to love this face!! He is my little buddy and provides such good company while Tim is gone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment