Thursday, December 18, 2014

Idaho Extravaganza

On the actual day of Thanksgiving, I packed up and hit the road with these crazy girls! We took some silly face photos so that we wouldn't fall asleep before the border. Once at the border we changed a diaper and had bathroom break on the side of the road. Keeping it classy! 
 After the border the girls fell asleep so Erin and I were enjoying great conversation and the open road. Erin wasn't paying close attention to her speed which resulted in us getting pulled over. Initially she was sad because she thought her shopping budget was spent until the nice state trooper came back and told her it was going to be $20!!!! AND she could pay it right there on the spot. After a $5 service fee the total came to $25! Montana you sure know how to do speeding tickets. The bigger penalty was the girls waking up during the stop. Yes, I did get Quinn out of the car for a bathroom break while the state trooper was writing our ticket. The nice state trooper even wished us a happy Canadian Thanksgiving.
Our first morning in Idaho was spent playing basketball. Due to my pregnancy and fear of anything happening requiring health care in the states while pregnant, I chose to opt out. I watched Scarlett and Ollie on the stage. It was a bit of a disaster but with lots and lots of treats we all lived through it. 
After I was rewarded with my favourite... Chick-Fil-A!! They have these amazing gluten free chicken nuggets and when dipped in Chick-fil-a sauce it is heaven. Once again due to this pregnancy I was only able to enjoy the nuggets once because I was deathly sick that night from eating meat. The fresh squeezed lemonade and waffle fries however were eaten every single day I was there. 
There were a lot of flies in house, Mason was able to kill one. He was really proud and showed everyone what he accomplished. 
We went on lots of bike rides and as per Grandma Wilde's request we had a cousin photo shoot in from of the neighbours blow up Tigger. Oddly enough, Quinn loved Tigger and wasn't afraid of him. It was super cute when she ran up and hugged him. 

Quinn still LOVES Ollie! She discovered handcuffs so she put them on poor Ollie.  
I love me some Scarlett snuggles!

Muffy is so righteous for reading the kids scripture stories. 
We all wish Muffy would move back to Canada!
 Even Scarlett is addicted to Chick-fil-a lemonade. 
 We stayed in our PJ's one morning and enjoyed survivor with caramel popcorn. That is much more my speed.
With help of i-devices we were able to get in some good shopping. 


 I bought my baby some super cute outfits. I couldn't resist having Ollie model a few of them for me!
 While shopping at Real Deals we suddenly realized that we were missing Quinny and Mason. They had run away and climbed all the way up here. They thought they were pretty hilarious!

The park was super fun. Poor Scarlett added to her collection of bruises.
 Quinny needs to spend more time with her boy cousins. She managed to get up the tree but then couldn't get down!



We hit up Tubbs Berry Farm and it was pretty awesome. We did lots of sliding, went on a hay ride, fed the animals and picked out cute pumpkins to paint. It was quite a successful trip. We did a cousin picture and even my baby made it in aka my belly!! 






Painting the pumpkins was pretty intense and pretty messy.
Denton was pretty awesome and babysat all the kids so we could hit up the movies. We went to the best of me. Needless to say, the book was way better than the movie but it was still fun to be out with my sisters!
Cohen was having a birthday right after we left so of course we had to celebrate! We went bowling and then came home and had some cupcakes. It was a pretty fun night. 


 I am 27 weeks pregnant here. 



 Timmy is a pretty awesome uncle and was sure to get Cohen some lego. He spent an hour at the lego store strategically filling a $12 bin. Cohen was pretty happy. He now has enough wheels to last a life time.

Mason makes me laugh so hard. He has a very vivid imagination and tells the best stories. He always seems to be the last one to go to bed because he has to come back and tell you something a million times. For bed that night he had The story of the "3 Little Pigs." After he was convinced that he had seen the big bad wolf out on the roof so he had to come down and eat chips and tell us all about it. He was honestly scared and ended up sleeping in his parents room. 















No comments:

Post a Comment