Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pregnancy Update

At this point I am 36 weeks pregnant and very ready to be done. I just have to make it through Christmas and then I can go at any time. Part of me wonders if I will give birth while in Edmonton but I really hope that doesn't happen. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but I would prefer to just have him here in Calgary.
Because I am still throwing up, not gaining weight and measuring a few weeks behind I got to go for another ultra sound. The baby is looks great. On Decemer 1 I was 33 weeks and 6 days pregnant. The ultra sound told us that our baby is weighing about 2463 grams or 5 lbs 7 ounces!!! That is massive and the baby still has 6 weeks to grow. Tim was pretty pumped because he wants a little line backer.

They additionally told me that I shouldn't be working nights anymore! So a note was written and I discussed with my manager what the best course of action was. They suggested that I could do 4 day shifts. I assured them that this would most definitely push me into labour so we settled with me only working my day shifts and my night shifts would be sick time. It is truly lovely. I have had time to do some shopping and get the nursery all finished up.
I thought it was pretty hilarious that Market Mall was being patrolled by a police man on horse back!
 I decided that it was time to buy a nursing bra. While shopping I realized how much my body had really changed and was going to continue to change. The lady who was managing the change room just gave me a sympathetic look and let me take as many bras in as I wanted.
 Due to not working my nights I was able to go down and visit my mom. We delivered Christmas treats and then made some more. 3 batches of ginger snaps later and I finally had the gluten free version down! I accidentally added waaaay to much baking soda and powder but they turned out amazing.
I was also able to go visit Jade Blumel. No pictures but it was so fun to see her again. It had been way to long. She is also pregnant and due in March! Barb Broadhead was able to squeeze me in for a quick haircut and eye brow wax. She is truly the best. After I just had to get a snow bob because I was so close and how do you say no to something like that. 
 Wrigley provided excellent company during the drive up and back.
I have had time to decorate for Christmas but I feel as though I am way more clumsy these days. I broke an ornament on our tree and attempted to super glue it back together but that just resulted in disaster. I got the broken piece stuck to my finger! It was a bit painful to rip off. 
I am also trying to make a bunch of freezer meals. Tim LOVES butternut squash mac n cheese. I found some on sale and went a bit over board!

Oh well. I will have lots of meals out of this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment