Sunday, September 28, 2014

Garage Sale

Growing up in Welling, there was never really an opportunity to have a garage sale. I have always loved finding treasures at garage sales so at some point having my own garage sale made it on my bucket list. On the Saturday over Labour Day weekend I had a garage sale! I was pretty excited about it!
 Wrigley didn't share quite as much enthusiasm as I did!
It felt so good to purge all of this junk. I was surprised by how much stuff I had just been holding onto.
My mom, Tannis and Erin came down and added to the pile. 

We started the morning off right with dollar drinks!

A few of the awesome things I sold:
-3 Cameras
- 3 phones
- Air purifier
- Desk 
-Oodles and oodles of clothes
Overall I was really surprised by what sold. Stuff that I would have been interested in, such as kitchen stuff, was barely even looked at. One mans trash is truly another mans treasure. 
Overall we had lots of fun making some serious dollar dollar bills!
Meet my neighbour Glenys. If you look super close she has lipstick smeared all around her mouth. 
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture of her husband/boyfriend/common-law. They are really special people. She is pretty much always wearing this outfit and after living here for nearly two years still doesn't know who I am after meeting them multiple times. They are always outside and just loud. It doesn't matter if it is +30 or -30, they are always outside yelling at each other. We are hoping to move upstairs so hopefully they keep it down and don't wake up our baby! She bought bobble head Peja Stojakovic for $5!! I feel as though I robbed her but she said her grandson would really love it. 
We were too tired to clean up after the garage sale so we just made a big free pile. Four days later this was all that was left. 

It was hard work being trapped in my basement with two little kids. Good news was that they got creative and played with all kinds of things... like the neti pot! 
Good thing the ginger bread house didn't sell.
 Q-tip ate more candy than she put on. She even ate a year-ish old ginger bread man!


We hit up the dog park and somehow rocks from the playground made it onto the cheese grater. 
I don't know if I am really ready for kids!
Tim left me during our fantasy draft. It was really stressful to draft all by myself. I really hope to win it all this year. 

The morning the Dudley's left we hit up the zoo. The penguins were a highlight as per usual. 

 Scarlett is walking and was crazy at the playground! I had to crawl through a tunnel and pull her out.

After conquering the zoo I went home and took a nap because I had to work that night. The next morning I came home to a clean house. I truly have the most amazing husband. It was a disaster after the garage sale! Thanks so much Timmy! 






1 comment:

  1. YOUR BABY BUMP IS SO CUTE!!! AND NICE WORK WITH THE GARAGE SALE :)

    ReplyDelete