Thursday, September 4, 2014

Baby Wright #1!

I can't keep this a secret any longer. Tim and I are going to have a baby! I am officially half way there but it still doesn't seem quite real. 



So far pregnancy hasn't been very fun. For the first trimester I was super duper sick. I lost 10 lbs and at 21 weeks I have yet to get back to my starting weight. I have a feeling when this is all over I will be so happy to eat and not throw up that I will gain weight postpartum. Is it cool to buy maternity clothes after the baby is born because that is when I will be needing them!
I am on diclectin because nothing made the nausea and vomiting better. During the first trimester I had a barf bucket in the car because I couldn't make it to work with out throwing up. The good thing about work is that the wonderful Kathy Paul new from the very beginning. I went on a transport to Red Deer and almost passed out. While in the ambulance on the drive back to Calgary I couldn't keep it together and started throwing up. I had to break the news when I was only 6 weeks. She helped cover for me while I threw up during work and kept my secret the entire time. Unfortunately I have had to put my training on hold until I come back from maternity leave but that is ok with me. It will be something exciting to go back for! 
A few things I would like to remember:
- I threw a bean sprout up through my nose! I feel like that is impressive and memorable. 
- Tim has been amazing. I don't cook or allow much cooking because it makes me so nauseas.
- Orange juice and Wendy's baked potatoes are my food staples. I don't think I will be able to look at Wendy's the same way after this. 
- Babies are truly a miracle. Because I work in the NICU, I have been fairly nervous about things going wrong. So far the baby is healthy and growing like a weed. It is so amazing to feel the baby wiggling around. 

Wrigley is getting pretty excited to be a big brother. He has no idea how much his life is going to change!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooooooooooo happy for you guys!!! Sorry you've been so sick! I hope you feel better for the second half of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete