Sunday, July 27, 2014

24 Hour Stop Over + Keith Urban

To start off the marathon Canada trip, the Scows stopped at our house for a quick visit and then headed on to Edmonton. They arrived early in the morning and we were able to go to an awesome Stampede pancake breakfast. It was put on by the people who fight forest fires so it was all about fire safety.
It was a very long wait for pancakes! The lady behind me had a timer going and I believe it was somewhere around 35min! We came at the peak time. 

 Good thing I grabbed a plate even though the pancakes were far from gluten free cuz the boys were starving and ate my pancakes and sausage!


 Putting out forest fires. 


 Checking out the helicopter used for picking up buckets of water to dump on the forest fire. 
 The boys made themselves "useful" by weeding and watering my garden.
One of the best parts of Muffy's visit was that it fell on July 7 which means it is 7-11's birthday and you can go get a free small slurpee!!! Yeah! Here is to you 7-11. Thank you for many chicken wings, slurpees, beverages, chips and 5 cent candies. I will forever love you! And Tim is carrying Oliver. Unfortunately this was the only picture I got of him while he was at my house. He is sure getting big and is so cute!
After slurpees we hit up the park and then went home to enjoy an episode of Star Wars. The next morning we went to Lulu lemon and then went to my wards Stampede BBQ. It was lovely to never pay for food the entire time Danielle was here. Thanks for visiting. Hopefully next time you come there will be a bit more room!

After Danielle left Tim and I went back to the Stampede and rocked out at the Keith Urban concert. I have loved him since forever. In grade 9 I actually made a slide show about him for a computers project. I didn't get a very good mark because I should have chosen someone with more depth. Jokes on that teacher cuz Keith Urban is amazing. Once on stage he sang for almost 2 hours straight. I sang to all the songs and am pretty sure I almost lost my voice. Thank you Tim for surprising me waaaay back at my birthday with all those tickets. I am kind of sad that they have all been used. It was fun. 






No comments:

Post a Comment