Sunday, June 24, 2012

May Long Weekend

I know this post is waaay overdue but I had a fabulous time so I really want to tell you all about it and put up the pictures!
Because my family talked me into getting a full time job, I was unable to participate fully. Yes, I was sad but I will be making up for it soon because we go on vacation soon!!! Woohoo!!
On Monday my family came up to Calgary, dog's included, and went to the zoo!!




The penguins were well worth the wait. It was sooo cool because they were sooo close. It was so tempting to touch one but we all obeyed the rules. It was especially interesting as Tim and I just finished watcing a discovery channel special called Frozen Planet!Very well done and I learned so much; such as penguins live in the antarctic, not the arctic. Tim and I really had to work on that one. Cohen, aka skeletor, was a real gem for most of the trip until the end of the penguins when we wanted to take a group picture.



Happy belated mother's day! I really love you and all you do for me. I love how close my family is and that is due to how hard my mom worked at organizing vacations and making sure we had it all!

Cohen was wiped after the the big day at the zoo.

After the day at this zoo, we headed back to Welling. Cohen and Wrigley are now bestfriends which is good because we need a dog sitter when we got to utah:)


We all loved the quad


We also did a bit of banking.... I owed muffy a bit of money so we rolled down the back window out of her van and used the ATM. I am not sure what the guy behind us was thinking!

Other highlights included hitting up the cheescake, eating some yummy food and playing with the dogs. I had a fabulous weekend and was glad to be home for a quick stop!
Even though we were only there for a day exhausted on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment