Sunday, April 15, 2018

August Bits in Between

We literally squeezed every last drop out of summer. We couldn't have asked for better Summer weather. It was so much fun to spend all our days outside. We hit up all kinds of parks with all different friends. A lunch was packed just about every day and eaten outside at varying locations. Life was good and magical. 






On the rare moments we were at home things usually got destructed. 

Doctor appointments really cramped our style. We had to go all the way into Calgary for them. On the upside there was a really good park kitty corner to the office. After the appointments we would play until I knew it would be an easy bedtime. 

Chasing a ridiculous amount of bunnies while we waited for Stake Conference to start. 
Solar Eclipse! I didn't do research and thought I could just watch it while at the park. Good thing I texted a friend and she invited me over to watch with a welding helmet. Turns out staring at the sun isn't good for your eyes.... duh! I wasn't really sure what was supposed to happen so it is a good thing I had a friend who did slightly more research than me. It was pretty neat to see it through the welding mask. For about a short time it seemed like dusk out. So crazy! 
Last day of work. I love my job. I love the people and the babies. I will miss using my brain in a critical thinking kind of way but I look forward to this year to refocus and add to our current adventure. 
Squeezed in a little bit of time for nesting. I have discovered a new GF flour and it is the bomb. I am not normally one to support MLM marketing but this flour is amazing and has allowed me to cook so many more foods and no grainy texture. Thrive GF flour you are king! 6 chicken pot pies were made. It took far more effort than I imagined but I assume it will be worth it as the one eaten for supper was delicious. 
Bedtime shenanigans. This kid is obsessed with pumpkins, 
Park with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment