Sunday, September 18, 2016

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to me. Being a mother wasn't something I always dreamed about. I knew it was something I wanted but I felt like life was ok the way it was. Jack has more stamina and drive than I knew was possible for one little human. This drive has tested and stretched me in so many ways but my ability for love has also increased. I enjoy spending most days at home to hang with Jack. Sometimes I really crave the success and validation that came from work. I have to take a step back and realize that I do have it all. Maybe not by the world's standards but by mine. I have a husband who loves me and a sweet boy who calls me mom. The measure of success for me has changed and honestly I like it. My life was ok before this but now, more than ever, I am so excited for the future and for the forever with my people. It is cliche but that is what life for me has come to and I am happy! 
I wanted a perfect picture with Jack but I waited too long and he was wiped from church. 
So I blew him some bubbles while Tim cooked me some supper. 
Supper was delicious and in addition to that I got spoiled with some new lulu's! 
Here's to another year of middle of the night wake up calls and early mornings, sticky fingers and sloppy kisses!
I also have to give a big shout out to my own mother! She is really the greatest. She has been through
a lot but is so positive and happy. She has a lot of spunk and is so kind to everyone she knows. She gave me a love of Diet Coke, skiing and traveling. I wasn't the greatest teen but she put up with me and helped me find my way through the hard days. I am pretty lucky to have her in my corner!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment