Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy New Year!

Again I know that I am still behind in blogging but slowly I will catch up.
We started off by the night by heading over to the Wright's for some delicious hot pot! mmm! After 2 1/2 years of being in this family I am slowly starting to enjoy the different culture that they bring into my life. I enjoy the meat and the baby corn that you can throw in! I know what you are all thinking... wow you are sooo white! I know I will always love meat and potatoes but I at least I am willing to try. We also played lots of games. Tim loves chess and loves the challenge and strategy it brings. He was actually on the chess team in high school!
I learned how to play mahjong and eventually won a game! I am very proud of myself because you have to know some characters. Tim drew me up a cheat sheet and I was able to sort of figure it out.
We then headed over to the Goldthorpe's for more food and games! The boys are currently addicted to playing dominion. I enjoy dominion but not all of the crazy expansion sets. I enjoy a simple game and can't figure out how to build the cool combinations they do.
We always look forward to this get together because it is so fun to see new and old faces. The party grows each year with new wives, fiancees and babies. I also enjoy the fire and burning a piece with something written on it that we don't like or don't want to bring into the new year.
We love you all and look forward to another year! Thanks for all you do. Tim and I appreciate you. To those of you who missed the party, please come and visit because we miss you or we will try to visit you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment