Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Eunuch Dog

Our poor little puppy became less of a man a few days ago. We finally bit the bullet and got him neutrered. He has become more aggressive at the dog park, specifically to lab puppies. It is so odd but finally pushed us to book him for surgery.

When I called the vet, Wrigley gave me sad eyes and I am positive he knew exactly what I was doing.
Wrigley absolutely hated his cone but I made him wear it because I was so nervous that he would get at it and we would be back at the vet. He now sleeps on a pillow by our bed so that is where we put him for the night. We hadn't cleaned up our room in quite some time so we soon heard some crying from Wrigley. He had wandered and had gotten stuck behind a laudry basket and couldn't make it back to his pillow with the cone. I took pity on him so i pulled him up in to the bed. I had just come off night so I was having troubles sleeping. So was Wrigley. He just sat on the end of the bed looking sad. Finally at 2:00 am I took went with Wrigley to the couch and took the cone off of him. I didn't want to wake Tim because he had classes in the morning. The good news is that Wrigley left it alone and we have not had any problems! He is back in full force with more energy than ever!

1 comment: