Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Calgary Temple

It is so wonderful to finally have a temple here in Calgary. The open house and dedication were amazing. It was so amazing to see the entire city buzzing with excitement. Everybody was curious and there were so many wonderful stories of people's experiences as they went through.
I had the opportunity to go through with a bunch of my friends from work.
How the open house worked was you first sat in the church to watch a movie to explain why temples are so important to us. In the movie one of the apostles talked about how heaven wouldn't be heaven with out his family. I really liked this part of the video. I felt like it put things in perspective for me. Family is so important to me and I love them all so much! I look forward to the future when we start our family and it is so comforting to know that whatever happens we will be together forever. Beyond that Heavenly Father our loves us enough to give us temples so that we can do work for ancestors who have passed on before us. We all get an equal chance. I can't imagine living life having no idea as to what happens when we die.
After the video we got to go walk through and see all the rooms in the temple. I didn't realize how much I take for granted because I have been in the church my entire life. I loved the curiosity of my friends. It was really amazing to take it all in. Inside the temple is absolutely beautiful. Everything is so elegantly done. I loved the theme of wheat through the temple. It made it special and unique to Calgary!
I also went to the temple with the Wright's. We even managed to sneak in a family picture.
The dedication was also superb. President Monson and Elder Packer came to Calgary to dedicate our beautiful temple. While President Monson was speaking you could feel the love he has for everyone and especially Calgary. He is so witty and wonderful. I do truly love and trust him.
There is truly a spirit of peace and happiness all around the temple and I am beyond grateful to have the blessing so close to me. I look forward to many temple dates with Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment