Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Action Packed August

August was a very fun month for us! We continued to be crazy busy but stayed a bit closer to home. Tim and I enjoyed a Saturday together and I introduced him to garage saleing! Needless to say he is hooked. We found a staple gun, wii games, lots of board games and a crochet book. I plan on making the beaty seen below. Yes, that is a crochet bikini!! hahaha! It doesn't get much better than that.
 
After garage saleing we went downtown and had lunch at the Steakout Foodtruck. It was beyond delicious! I thought it was so fun.

We found a new dog park that is by the bow river. There are always lots of dogs there and you can go down to a little inlet of the Bow River which is perfect for Wrigley to swim in!!! We were so proud the first time he swam.
 
Wrigley had a hair cut
Before:
 
After:
 
We did some babysitting.
Paige Leishman's dog, Kobe. Wrigley and Kobe got along great and we took Kobe to the dog park. He definitely loved it!

We also babysat Avery Livingstone. She was sooo good and absolutely loved Wrigley. She kept putting her face right next to his so she got lots of kisses. We also went to the park and found lots of sticks but Wrigley was continually stealing every stick she found. That is ok because she found that quite funny.
 
 
We took a weekend trip home to have a garage sale and can peaches! Tannis came too! After a minor mishap with her car smoking after she barely got outside of Edmonton. She then had to take the Greyhound over night to Calgary! She had to sit by some super sketch people but we are so glad she came because it was extra super fun with her! 
We were pretty serious garage salers and I took home a pretty awesome comission! Danielle, you can be jealous:) I have a new dresser, food processor, dog booties and a slap chop! Thanks Mom, I think I will come work at your garage sale next year cuz let's be honest there was a tonne of awsome stuff and they are sure to find even more for next year!
We didn't manage to sell a giant stuffed polar bear but it was in such good shape that we couldn't bear just sending it to good will so we walked it down tot the Darin and Amy Wilde family. Mia, who is the third of three girls so I feel for her always getting the hand-me of the hand-me-downs, was sure happy to have it as she had had her eye on it while at the garage sale. I am not sure Amy was as happy but hey, we will see it at your garage sale in the next 10 years!
Seriously! Tannis and I worked hard!
 
 
A big shout out to my Grandma Wilde! I love her so much and am so grateful to how much she does for me. She spent so much time in high school supporting everything I did. She came to all of my band concerts and basketball games! She is such an amazing example. Thanks so much for taking the time to teach me how to do canning. I had a blast and am looking forward to next year. (sorry for the blurriness!)
 
Tim has been working so hard this summer. He is starting to pick up quite a few of his own painting jobs. He enlisted me to help paint a fence but I was soon fired because I was waaaay to slow! I had that fence so pristinely painted, apparently it is more about speed!
 
 
We are sad to see summer come to a close but can't complain because we have had so much fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment