Monday, April 21, 2014

You're a wizard!

I have a minor addiction to Harry Potter. I just finished reading all of the books again. I particularly enjoy to listen to the audio books while I am in the car, walking the dog or doing house work. I also enjoy the movies and frequently have them on too. When I realized that the Harry Potter exhibit was coming to Edmonton, I knew that it was a must in my life so at the end of February we went up to visit the Dudley's and attend the exhibit. 
My mom had also planned a trip to Edmonton so for the first day there we enjoyed some shopping and as always caramel apple eating.

This kid is hilarious. I definitely allowed her to put on some lip stick in the makeup store!

My mom was super awesome and volunteered to watch the kids so that we could go on a double date to Harry Potter but we didn't realize how popular it was. The earliest tickets we could get were for later that night so Quinny and Scar got to come. I think Scar was just as excited as me…
This was a chess piece used in Harry Potter 2. 
The biggest highlight for me was being sorted into the Gryffindor! It was really neat to see the sorting and sit on the stool! I also enjoyed looking at all of the costumes and wands used. There was a lot of detail that went into everything! It was crazy to see how little the outfits for Harry, Ron and Hermione were when the movies first started.
The exhibit was a bit "stary" for Quinny but she made it to the end and we all had fun. 
You weren't supposed to take photos but I told Erin that it was just a suggestion :) 
Unfortunately Tannis was working hard while I was there so Erin and I picked up some Wendy's and went for a visit. She is so close to the end!! I am so proud of her sticking with it. She is going to be a super awesome nurse. We also visited the unit that Erin works on. I really enjoyed my tour of the U of A hospital. 

The next morning we were all up bright and early to watch the Canadian men's hockey team take gold in the 2014 Sochi Olympics. We played against Finland and won 3-0!!!
Canada came in 3rd for overall medals. 10 gold, 10 silver, 5 bronze. I am so proud of all the Canadians who competed in the olympics. I spent so much time watching. My PVR was in constant use so that I could maximize olympic coverage. My favourite memory of the olympics would have to be huddled around the computer at work watching the women's hockey team take gold in overtime. It was so intense. By the end of the game we had quite the crowd in the blood gas lab cheering on the women's team. We beat the Americans 3-2 in overtime and had to pull the goalie in the last moments of the 3rd period to score and stay in it! I was seriously on the edge of my seat. Now I just have to wait 2 more years for the summer olympics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment