Saturday, August 11, 2012

July's Awesome Adventure Part2: Scows

Upon arriving in Idaho Danielle and I learned that you can buy fireworks at the grocery store! Who knew?! So we immediately hit that up to prepare ourselves for Canada day!  The next day we were all dressed in Canada day swagger and had oodles of fun celebrating Canada's birthday. We had a hot dog roast complete with smores and finished the night off with fireworks!

Cohen was immensely enjoyed him self as Tim helped him light most of the fireworks.



We also enjoyed lunch in the park. Cohen left to go play so I stole a swig of his chocolate milk. He later came back and was so upset because some was gone. I definitely was going to admint that it was me. Danielle told him he must have drank more than he thought...

Cohen loves Wrigley and was an awesome dog walker!

When I go to visit I love to relive my childhood through buying the kids fun activities that I never got to do. This time we tried out balloonies! They smelled highly toxic but were pretty awesome. You put this goop on the end of a straw and blow these big bubbles/ballons. They were pretty cool. Cohen and Mason had fun popping them.



We also enjoyed a round of golf. Danielle and I were clearly enjoying ourselves. On one hole you had to hit the ball over water. I surprisingly made it over by skipping it off the water and over.

Tim is looking super ghetto because his shoulders were so sore that he would have been unable to golf without cutting the sleeves off.

Tim managed to golf through the water trap... aka the sprinklers.

We enjoyed lots of shopping and both bought maxi dresses.

Mason LOVES books and was more than happy to hang out with me as long as I had one.

We also enjoyed staying upu late to play games and eat caramel popcorn! So delicious. Thanks to Denton's boss we also went white water rafting. Denton fell out twice. On the second time around I thought I could do better but I still fell out once. Danielle learned that I am not as crazy as I used to be and I no longer jump with out thinking. However Danielle did talk me in to jumping in and floating for a bit and that was pretty fun.

Cohen was in fine form and full of entertainment. Favourite comment, said like a valley girl, was OH MY GOSH! After Tim bought him some jelly belly's, only because Cohen was eating them off the grocery store floor, he announced that Tim wasn't scary and he wasn't scared of Tim anymore. While eating the jelly belly's, Cohen had to share with Mason but would only hand one over after licking it and not liking the flavour.

We appreciate the Scow's watching Wrigley while we were in Utah!!! Even if he was a bit crazy... and escaped during church!!! We learned that he can fit through a hole in the fence that is 3 1/2 inches big!!

Thanks again for all the fun! We hope to see you same time next year??!?!



1 comment: