Wednesday, January 18, 2012

BRRRRRR!!!!!

Well I received a text message complete with picture update from Erin informing me that the weather is FREEZING!! Thanks Erin, you are really funny. Currently it is -39 but with wind chill feels like -49!! That just disgusts me. It is way too cold here for human habitation. The plumber came by today to check an apartment for frozen pipes and I had him come in and check mine because I was certain our heat wasn't working... aparently it is and our boiler is just old and can't keep up! 
This is my heated blanket that I sit under all day while home! It is pure heaven under this thing!
And this is our space heater. We made one trip outside and it was to get this. I wouldn't say that it is warm in here now but it is helping to take the edge off.
My plan for the day is to make some cookies so that I can have the oven on! Good luck to the rest of you in surviving the weather.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a sweet heater! Luckily it's warming up in a couple days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise, from whom did you acquire that stellar, life saving blanket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from my dearest mother! and I have finally figured out how to comment on blogs. Too bad I couldn't figure it out when you needed it:)

      Delete